Pages

Monday, October 17, 2011

More updates

Ive decided to try to catch up on my blog today during breaks at work, so this is the reasoning for all the updates today... Anyhow, over the course of the last year or so, tremendous progress with Cuervo has been made. He is such a fabulous horse! He is completely over not trusting anyone but me. I have had my family members feed him, friends groom him, etc, & have had several riders on him. He does very well with different saddle styles and types. He is very patient with beginner riders with heavy hands or lack of balance. I have ridden him bareback, down the road alone, & out on numerous trail rides, all with great results. He has went through the natural horsemanship levels with unbelievable speed, accuracy, and enthusiasm. He loves his job. He is super sensitive to all cues, & remains tuned in for most of all lessons. He rides and free lunges in time with my breathing, which was my ultimate goal with him. If I want him to be on the lazy side, i personally mood myself up with a lazy demeanor. If i want a more "showy" attitude from him, i first psyche myself up with that attitude. Then he wows me. I have found that if I "connect" with him first, he is even more in tuned with me. He will literally "mirror" my body. If i lift my shoulder, he lifts his, so teaching the spanish walk, was so simple, i could barely believe it. And he is much like myself, in being a bit on the perfectionist side. He literally wants to keep working on a lesson until he perfects it. When learning the spanish walk, he kept doing it long after the session was over! He is such a clown! Anyhow, break is about over, so more updates to follow

No comments:

Post a Comment