Pages

Friday, July 17, 2009

Who says mustangs can't be trusted????

too precious.
Ok for all of you who think mustangs are rogues, stupid, cannot be trained, and can never be trusted... Get aload of this!!! This is Kadie June, she is my neice. Just turned ten and has been riding for about a year now. She had to unfortunately sell her horse when they moved to Decatur.
Anyhow, she had a need to be with horses, I had the need for someone to work with the horses (after shattering my ankle and breaking my leg), so we came up with a resolution for both of us.
Keep in mind that the mustangs had not had any handling for two weeks, since my accident. When she got here, she admitted she no longer had a saddle that fit, it went with her horse, nor did she have a helmet, but I could not tell that precious little girl no. So, I made her promise she would only walk Cass until we got her the proper equipment. Anyhow, it went great. They got along beautifully. Cass has been with us since sept. 08, and has only been going under saddle for a few months, hit and miss, with my crazy schedule. But she is a baby doll. Loves people, and ADORES kids. The next day, she worked with Cuervo, who has only let ME approach him, and she was able to pet and scratch him. Way to go Kadie June! If she continues to do a good job, and enjoys working with mustangs, I will help her get things ready to compete in next years Yearling Challenge. By looking at the photos, I believe she is enjoying herself. LOL

No comments:

Post a Comment